Category: Sports Clubs
Address: Stable Wood, Red Lion Lane, Great Gaddesden, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP26EZ
• Field archery is a sport using bows and arrows to shoot at animal shaped targets along a course laid in woodland.
• Each target is different in size and the range varies and is unmarked.
• Targets may be 3D full size foam sculptures of animals, 2d cut-outs or paper faces - all representing animal targets.
• Many types of bows are used from the traditional English longbow to crossbows.
• The sport is enjoyed alongside nature and never involves harming or shooting at real animals.
• Our governing body is the National Field Archery Society; all club members belong to this association.
• Minimum age is 16 to join the club as an individual member however family membership is available where younger members can learn, practice and take part.
• Regular open competitions are held throughout the country all year round at a wide selection of venues.
• Two beginners classes organised per year.
• Your local club is based just outside Hemel Hempstead on the Gaddesden Estate (Leighton Buzzard Road).